- OHR Units
- Employee Benefits
- Strategic Staffing/Workforce Planning (formerly Employment Services)
- Classification & Compensation
- HR Solutions (formerly ERCC)
- Systems & Technology (formerly Strategic & Technical Services)
- Learning and Organizational Development
- Life Balance
- A to Z Index
04. How do I know if I am eligible for family and medical leave?
Subject:Family Medical Leave
To qualify for FMLA, you must have 12 months of service with the State of Oregon (does not have to be consecutive) and you must have worked at least 1,250 hours during the 12 months preceding the date your leave begins. If you do not qualify for FMLA, you might be eligible for OFLA. You must have been employed for at least 180 calendar days and have worked an average of 25 hours a week (except for parental leave which does not require the weekly average) to qualify for OFLA. In most cases, employees qualify for both FMLA and OFLA at the same time.